YOUR VISIT TO OUR WEBSITE AND USE OF THE WEBSITE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT NHS AND ITS AFFILIATED ENTITIES:
- PROVIDE THE CONTENT, SERVICE, AND WEBSITE "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND;
- MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS CONCERNING THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF THE CONTENT OR THE SERVICE FOR ANY PURPOSE;
- EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTENT AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES MENTIONED OR OFFERED IN THE CONTENTS OR IN THIRD PARTY WEBSITES;
- SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OR DELAY OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGE IN CONTRACT, TORT, EQUITY OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, RELATING TO THE USE OF THE SERVICE, WEBSITE, OR CONTENT; AND
- ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RELATING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO ANY ACTION OR INACTION THAT YOU TAKE BASED ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR OTHER MATERIAL ON THIS SITE.
While NHS strives to keep the information on this site accurate, complete, and up-to-date, NHS and its affiliated entities cannot guarantee, and will not be liable or responsible for any damage or loss related to, the accuracy, completeness, removal, failure to store, improper delivery or timeliness of the information provided. Opinions expressed herein are solely those of the contributors or authors and do not represent an endorsement or corporate position of NHS or its affiliate entities unless otherwise noted.
Personal and Non-Commercial Use Limitation
You may access, download and print materials on this website for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, or services obtained from this website without first obtaining express written consent from NHS. Mailing address: Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago, Inc., 1279 N. Milwaukee, 5th Floor, Chicago, IL 60622; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reservation of Rights
NHS reserves all of its rights, including but not limited to any and all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and any other proprietary right that NHS may have in respect of this website, its content, and goods and services that may be provided. By making services available to you, NHS is not providing you with any implied or express licenses or rights, and you will have no rights to make any commercial use of this website or provided services without NHS's prior written consent.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of this website, you warrant to NHS that you will not use this website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. If you violate any of these terms, your permission to use this website automatically terminates.
You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of this website. Any such violations may result in criminal and/or civil penalties against you. NHS will investigate any alleged or suspected violations and if a criminal violation is suspected, NHS will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in their investigations. Violations of the security of the website include without limitation:
- logging into or attempting to log into a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- accessing data or taking any action to obtain data, information or services not intended for you or your use;
- attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
- tampering, hacking, modifying or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures; and
- transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files or other computer programming routines or engines or engage in conduct that could damage, disrupt or otherwise impair or interfere with a computer's functionality or the operation of the website.
Other Prohibited Activity
In using this website, you must not:
- post, send or otherwise transmit to or through the site any unlawful, illegal, tortious, libelous, infringing, harmful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, hateful or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, any material that exploits children or is invasive of or in breach of another person's privacy or other rights or any material that NHS in its sole discretion does not wish posted or transmitted on this website;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- upload or otherwise make available, files that contain images, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including without limitation copyright or trademark laws and rights of publicity and privacy unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary authorizations to do the same;
- misrepresent your identity or affiliation in any way;
- provide, and you will not use this website to provide, any content or service in any commercial manner, or in any manner that would involve junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unauthorized advertising or commerce;
- use this website to promote or operate any service or content without NHS's prior written consent;
- forge or otherwise seek to conceal or misrepresent the origin of any content provided by you;
- provide any content that may give rise to NHS or its affiliated entities being held civilly or criminally liable, or that may be considered a violation of any local, national or international law, including -- but not limited to -- laws relating to copyrights, trademarks, patents, or trade secrets;
- collect or harvest any information about other users of the Website;
- engage in deceptive online marketing;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations; or
- assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above.
Submission of Content on this Website
You must exercise caution, good sense and sound judgment in using this website. You are responsible for any material you place on or transmit to or through this website. You agree, represent and warrant that any information you post to or transmit through the site is truthful, accurate, not misleading and offered in good faith, and that you have the right to post or transmit such information. Such information (including without limitation, data, text, software, graphics or any other materials whatsoever), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is your sole responsibility.
By providing any content to this website:
- you agree to grant NHS and its affiliated entities a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license (including any moral rights or other necessary rights) to use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, perform, promote, archive, translate, and to create derivative works and compilations, in whole or in part. Such license will apply with respect to any form, media, technology already known at the time of provision or developed subsequently;
- you warrant and represent that you have all legal, moral, and other rights that may be necessary to grant NHS the license specified above in this section; and
- you acknowledge and agree that NHS will have the right (but not obligation), at the NHS's entire discretion, to refuse to publish, or to remove, or to block access to any content you provide, at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless NHS, its affiliates, directors, representatives, agents, officers, employees, volunteers, vendors, and suppliers from any liability, loss, claim and expense (including reasonable attorneys' fees) related to your violation of this agreement, arising out of your conduct or connection with this website or your provision of any content.
Links to Third Party Sites
At certain places on this website, live "Links" to other Internet addresses can be accessed. Links to other sites are provided for convenience only. Such external Internet addresses contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by institutions or organizations independent of NHS. NHS does not endorse, approve, certify, or control these external internet addresses and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of information located at such addresses. Use of any information obtained from any such address is voluntary, and reliance is at your own risk. NHS and its affiliated entities will not in any manner be liable or responsible for any of your dealings or interaction with third parties.
This agreement and the resolution of any dispute related to this agreement or the site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. NHS's failure to insist upon strict enforcement of any provision of this agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Any legal action or proceeding between NHS and you related to this agreement shall be brought exclusively in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Illinois.