Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago is proud to be part of the CityLIFT program in partnership with Wells Fargo Bank and NeighborWorks® America. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it’s right for you!
How this program can help you
· Provides eligible homebuyers with up to $15,000 of down payment assistance on qualified properties.
· Provides homebuyer education on how to finance and manage your new home.
The CityLIFT program launched in Chicago, IL on October 26 & 27, 2012. At this time all reservations for funds through the CityLIFT down payment assistance program have been made. As people cancel their reservation appointments, a limited amount of funds will be made available. Please check the website regularly for available appointments. For information on how to qualify for the CityLIFT Down Payment Assistance Program Click Here.
About the CityLIFT Program
· Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
· Household income must meet program guideline based on family size for ALL persons 18 and older living in the home. Click Here to view the full AMI Chart.
· Properties qualified for the CityLIFT Program must be:
— Located within the city limits of Chicago, IL, and Bedford Park, Bellwood, Berwyn, Blue Island, Calumet City, Chicago Heights, Cicero, Clearing, Country Club Hills, Dolton, Ford Heights, Forest View, Glenwood, Harvey, Hazel Crest, Lansing, Lynwood, Markham, Matteson, Maywood, Oak Lawn, Park Forest, Richton Park, Riverdale, Sauk Village, South Chicago Heights, South Holland, and Stickney. View MAP or locate Property.
— Primary, owner-occupied by the buyer(s)
— A detached home, townhouse, condominium, 1-4 unit property or Planned Unit Development
Interested although money is not available? What you should do now
· Get pre-approved for a mortgage by a participating lender. Click here to view the list.
· Register for homebuyer education by phone or online
· Explore other homebuyer programs in your area
· Check this website after December 28, 2012 to see if money has become available